“It is better to lead from behind and to put others in front, especially when you celebrate victory when nice things occur … Then people will appreciate your leadership.” ~ Nelson Mandela
Worldwide statistics show that failure rates for expatriate employees range from 20% to 40%. Some of the reasons listed are high stress levels, cultural inflexibility, language problems, emotional immaturity, and family issues. Expats also experience homesickness and anxiety due to living abroad. They often have to manage not only their own stress but also the stress of their spouses and families. They are faced not only with a new job, but also the new culture of the company and country.
The focus of this individualized coaching approach is on helping the expat develop the skills necessary to make a successful transition from his/her home country to the host organization and the U.S.
Are you an expat who…
- is having difficulty adapting to the new culture?
- is having trouble relating to and communicating with your new peers?
- is experiencing high levels of stress related to moving to another country?
- is experiencing a loss of identity as a result of moving abroad?
- wants to learn how to use your talents in the new culture?
If you answered “Yes” to any of these, then Expatriate Coaching is right for you.
In this individualized coaching approach, you will:
- Develop/gain a new understanding of the U.S. cultural blueprint
- Understand your cultural blueprint
- Learn how to effectively bridge the cultural gaps
- Learn how to effectively manage family stress
- Learn how to effectively manage professional responsibilities
- Strengthen emotional maturity
The outcome is improved performance and improved personal satisfaction, which in turn increase the ROI for both the organization and the expat.